In order to enable the Developer Mode in the Nokia N9 device, go to:
- Developer mode
- Use the switch button to enable the Developer mode
To connect the device via USB to a desktop computer which has Qt Creator running, the USB connection mode needs to be set as SDK:
- Default USB device mode to be set either Always ask or SDK
Once connected via USB cable to a computer, start the SDK Connectivity in N9, which appears to the bottom of the Application Grid after enabling the Developer Mode.
- Select Connection - USB
- Check the IP Address and Password
- Now leave this application open
In Qt Creator go to:
- Open tab Linux device (or Maemo in older versions than 2.3)
Check that the _Host name _matches the checked IP address and the Password matches the one shown in N9.
The _username _is “developer”.
Now you are able to push Qt based applications to N9 from Qt Creator.