In order to enable the Developer Mode in the Nokia N9 device, go to:
- Developer mode
- Use the switch button to enable the Developer mode
To connect the device via USB to a desktop computer which has Qt Creator running, the USB connection mode needs to be set as SDK:
- Default USB device mode to be set either Always ask or SDK
Once connected via USB cable to a computer, start the SDK Connectivity in N9, which appears to the bottom of the Application Grid after enabling the Developer Mode.
- Select Connection - USB
- Check the IP Address and Password
- Now leave this application open
In Qt Creator go to:
- Open tab Linux device (or Maemo in older versions than 2.3)
Check that the Host name matches the checked IP address and the Password matches the one shown in N9.
The username is “developer”.
Now you are able to push Qt based applications to N9 from Qt Creator.