These few steps will explain how to acquire and launch the application which is needed for viewing the QML projects.
- N900 should have the most recent public software release, while writing it is Fremantle 20.2010.36-2 (1.3). This can be verified from the “Settings” - “About product”
An application catalogue called “Extras-devel“ should be installed to the Application manager.
- Navigate to the application menu (tap the title bar)
- Select “Application catalogues”
- Select “New”
- Enter a catalogue name of “Maemo extras-devel”
- Enter a web address of http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
- Enter a distribution of “fremantle”
- Enter components of “free non-free”
- Add the following line:
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel fremantle free non-free
- Once the “Extras-devel” repository is available, install the application called “rootsh“. This will enable the root access to the devices operating system which is needed for the coming steps. Remember to close the Application Manager once installation is complete.
- Open the terminal and run the following command:
Now you have the root access. Run the following command:
apt-get install qt4-declarative-qmlviewer
This will install the QML viewer and all its dependencies.
- If you wish to have the most recent version of the tool, you should run
apt-get install qt4-experimental-declarative-qmlviewer
- In case you followed the _experimental _direction, place the following lines to a file called qml.env and after moving it to the N900 file system, run the following command
in the same directory where the file resides. This will make a command “qml” to be available as an optimised shortcut for the QML viewer.
export PATH=/opt/qt4-maemo5/bin:$PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qt4-maemo5/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qt4-maemo5/plugins:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH alias qml='qmlviewer -fullscreen -frameless -stayontop -opengl -graphicssystem raster -dragthreshold 25'
- QML viewer will also be available in the application menu in its default state.
apt-get install ffmpeg
apt-get install imagemagick
Additionally it might be interesting to have the QtMobility bindings available. That can be achieved by issuing the following command:
apt-get install qt-mobility-examples
In most cases the installer will take care of including the possible dependencies, if any.