While illustration are on their way (used in Mugenno Budo book), here are the verbal explanations how to tape the naginata together. The taping is called sendanmaki.
- Taping is done by using a white vinyl tape (as in electric tape)
- Tape tightly the head of Ebu, from the top to 15.5 cm
- Join Ebu and Habu, they should cross for 15 cm
- Mark 17 cm distance, one centimetre over the cross on each side
- Tape three times, two first round with longer interval, the last tight. Start from Habu end
- Ishizuki and Kissaki usually have some soft material on them, which are to be taped with transparent tape for some 2 cm
- In the case of Kissaki, the string used to attach the head cover, should also be wrapped in the tape